What does a Seneschal say when the King asks her to have an event, in her shire, on August 25th?
We have an event!
And a tourney! Why? Because when the King asks for a tourney, he gets a tourney! Heavy and Rapier.
Adventus in Eisental
Autocrat: Malys Macgregor (Rob Ault)
Co-Autocrat: Baroness Ysabeau du St. Wandrielle (Roseann Zona)
August 25th, 2018
10am to an unknown time as of now
Site: Kempton Community Center, Kempto PA
Style of Tournament has yet to be decided upon
For Heavy List Marshal’s we MAY have Sir William and Sir Tanaka (If they agree to Marshal…)
For Rapier Marshal we have: we have the handsome Lord D.Sterling.
For Heavy and Rapier MOL we have the lovely Baroness’s Astrid and Ellesbeth.
We will have an A&S display too.
Our charming Lady Jacobina will let the bard out of the box for some dancing.
Class and more, TBD
Updates as we know more.
If you wish to present an Event to the Shire, please complete the following information:
1. Event Information/Name
5. Autocrat, Co-Autocrat; Troll, Merchant Coordinator, Set-up and Clean-up crew, etc
6. Prep Required: Site Fee, Advertising, Equipment, Food, Day Board, Feast, Breakfast, Feastocrats, Supplies, Insurance, Other (Itemize and comment), Outline of map designating fighting, feast, hall, camping, etc
7. Outline of Activities, Fighting, Fencing, Archery, A&S, etc
8. Financial costs of areas
9. Four months notice to present event and vote on during next meeting
10. Event notice ready for Pikestaff three months prior upon approval at next meeting to be submitted within one week of vote, if approved
Demos are held for many reasons and are the only time we have spectators for what we do. Mainly, demos are enacted to educate a group on the medieval ages that we study, or to inform the general populace about what we do in the SCA, and why.